Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Named to Texas Building Branch Safety Committee
Dino Sideris chosen to participate in prestigious working group to improve compliance standards and safety-related legislation at the state and federal levels
ARLINGTON, TEXAS - November 21, 2005 - Dino Sideris, Safety Director for Bob Moore Construction, has been chosen to join the prestigious Texas Building Branch Safety Committee in Austin, Texas.
The Texas Building Branch Safety Committee is a working group of safety directors from the top general contractors in Texas, intended to influence safety laws and standards at the state and federal level. The committee develops and provides input on compliance standards and safety-related legislation on behalf of the state of Texas. The state then incorporates the committee's recommendations into their own legislative actives and coordinates the findings with OSHA in Washington DC.
"It's a true privilege to be invited to serve in an organization like the Texas Building Branch Safety Committee," said Sideris. "The group is comprised of safety directors who actively pursue quality safety programs every day. These are the men and women who work constantly with existing laws and standards, who know what works and what doesn't, and who have an excellent perspective on what changes would make our jobsites safer and more productive. I'm very excited to have the opportunity to participate in this committee and help to make our laws smarter and more effective."
Sideris was appointed to the Texas Building Branch Safety Committee by the leadership of QUOIN, the North / East Texas Chapter of the Association of General Contractors (AGC). AGC is the oldest and largest trade association in the construction industry. Dino Sideris presently serves on QUOIN's Safety Forum and supports the organization's Safety Leadership Committee through the development of mock emergency drills.
"Dino is recognized as a leader in the Dallas / Fort Worth construction safety community," said Ed McGuire, Vice President of Construction for Bob Moore Construction. "His outstanding efforts with our safety program played a major role in our being named AGC General Contractor of the Year this year. Through his involvement with QUOIN, Dino raises the level of safety knowledge, awareness and compliance at all construction sites all around the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex, and not just our own. Now, Dino's passion for safety will add a great deal of value to the Texas Building Branch Safety Committee. We're very pleased that his expertise and leadership will help to shape future standards and laws at both the state and federal levels."
More Information on Our Safety Program:
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Receives Safety Achievement Award From CompGroup AGC
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Named First Certified Tilt-Up General Contractor in the United States
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in 5th Annual SAFE Stand Down
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Selected as Member of OSHA State Partnership
- Press Release - Dino Sideris Receives Safety Director of the Year Award From QUOIN / AGC
- Construction Article - Construction Safety: Planning, Training and Inspections
- Press Release - Dino Sideris Chosen for Vice Chair Position on QUOIN / AGC Safety Resource Leadership Group
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in State's Largest Construction Safety Training Program
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Receives Safety Awards From Tilt-up Concrete Association
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in Largest Construction Safety Stand Down in Texas History
- Bob Moore Construction Safety Program
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Selected as Member of Elite OSHA Partnership
- News Story - Dallas / Fort Worth Commercial Construction Jobsites Stand Down for Safety
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Named to Texas Building Branch Safety Committee
- Newsletter - Bob Moore Construction Completes Westwood College Campus / Making Safety a Value / Taking Time to Talk Safety.
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Named to AGC Committees
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in SAFE Stand-Down
About Bob Moore Construction
Now Celebrating 70 years of construction excellence in Texas and around the United States!
A recipient of the QUOIN / AGC General Contractor of the Year Award, the TEXO / AGC Summit Award for Construction Excellence and the Texas Building Branch-AGC Outstanding Construction Award, Bob Moore Construction has been one of the most respected commercial construction companies in Texas since 1946. An industry leader in tilt-up construction, the company was the first general contractor in the United States to be formally certified as a TCA Certified Company by the Tilt-up Concrete Association (TCA). Bob Moore Construction was also one of the first general contractors in North Texas to be accepted into the OSHA Local Partnership program in recognition of its superior safety program. The company's portfolio includes a wide range of commercial buildings, from warehouses and distribution centers to office buildings and retail stores. Whether it is providing general contractor, design / build or construction management services, Bob Moore Construction's goal remains the same: to deliver quality construction projects on time and in budget. Bob Moore Construction is a member of TEXO / Associated General Contractors of America, American Concrete Institute and a sustaining member of the TCA.
Bob Moore Construction, Inc.
Jeff Schaefer Marketing Communications Manager
1110 North Watson Road
Arlington, Texas 76011
Phone: (817) 640-1200
Fax: (817) 640-1250