Bob Moore Construction Participates in State's Largest Construction Safety Training Program
Safety Director Supports Safety Training of 840 North Texas Construction Professionals
ARLINGTON, TEXAS - October 19, 2007 - Bob Moore Construction has taken part in the largest OSHA 10-hour training program in the state's history.
The program, called the OSHA 10-Hour Marathon, took place at Tarrant County Community College on October 20, 2007. More than 30 instructors from the Dallas and Fort Worth offices of OSHA, QUOIN (the local chapter of the Association of General Contractors) and local construction contractors provided the safety training to 840 construction professionals. Training was provided in English and Spanish.
The 2007 Marathon is the second time this event has been staged; the first marathon took place in 2006 and was attended by approximately 400 construction professionals.
The OSHA 10-Hour Training is a formally structured and approved course that develops knowledge, understanding and awareness of safety-related matters on construction jobsites. Attendees who complete this rigorous program receive formal certification of training from OSHA.
Dino Sideris, Safety Director for Bob Moore Construction, was selected to participate in the marathon as an instructor. An active member of the North Texas construction safety community, Sideris participates in the Safety Forum and Safety Leadership Group for QUOIN and has helped to organize and implement safety stand-downs at jobsites all across Texas. Sideris was also chosen to participate in the prestigious Texas Building Branch Safety Committee in Austin, Texas, working with state legislators to influence safety laws and standards at the state and federal level. Under Sideris' leadership, Bob Moore Construction was recently accepted as a member of the OSHA Local Partnership program, one of only five general contractors in north and east Texas to earn this recognition.
"The training marathon provides a tremendous opportunity for our industry in north Texas," said Sideris. "By collaborating with OSHA, QUOIN and other contractors, we can educate enough workers to have an immediate, dramatic effect throughout the region. The day after training takes place, 840 attendees will return to work and implement better practices and procedures at dozens of jobsites around the state, improving the working conditions for thousands of additional workers in the process. The fact that we have doubled the number of students who received the training from 2006 indicates how successful this program is, and how important safety training is becoming to people in the construction community."
"These are the kind of joint efforts between the government and the private sector that have resulted in a significant reduction in jobsite incidents in our region over the past several years," added Sideris. "We're excited to have the opportunity to support efforts like the stand-downs and the training marathons, and extend the success of our safety program all across the state."
More Information on Our Safety Program:
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Receives Safety Achievement Award From CompGroup AGC
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Named First Certified Tilt-Up General Contractor in the United States
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in 5th Annual SAFE Stand Down
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Selected as Member of OSHA State Partnership
- Press Release - Dino Sideris Receives Safety Director of the Year Award From QUOIN / AGC
- Construction Article - Construction Safety: Planning, Training and Inspections
- Press Release - Dino Sideris Chosen for Vice Chair Position on QUOIN / AGC Safety Resource Leadership Group
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in State's Largest Construction Safety Training Program
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Receives Safety Awards From Tilt-up Concrete Association
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in Largest Construction Safety Stand Down in Texas History
- Bob Moore Construction Safety Program
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Selected as Member of Elite OSHA Partnership
- News Story - Dallas / Fort Worth Commercial Construction Jobsites Stand Down for Safety
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Named to Texas Building Branch Safety Committee
- Newsletter - Bob Moore Construction Completes Westwood College Campus / Making Safety a Value / Taking Time to Talk Safety.
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Named to AGC Committees
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in SAFE Stand-Down
About Bob Moore Construction
Now Celebrating 70 years of construction excellence in Texas and around the United States!
A recipient of the QUOIN / AGC General Contractor of the Year Award, the TEXO / AGC Summit Award for Construction Excellence and the Texas Building Branch-AGC Outstanding Construction Award, Bob Moore Construction has been one of the most respected commercial construction companies in Texas since 1946. An industry leader in tilt-up construction, the company was the first general contractor in the United States to be formally certified as a TCA Certified Company by the Tilt-up Concrete Association (TCA). Bob Moore Construction was also one of the first general contractors in North Texas to be accepted into the OSHA Local Partnership program in recognition of its superior safety program. The company's portfolio includes a wide range of commercial buildings, from warehouses and distribution centers to office buildings and retail stores. Whether it is providing general contractor, design / build or construction management services, Bob Moore Construction's goal remains the same: to deliver quality construction projects on time and in budget. Bob Moore Construction is a member of TEXO / Associated General Contractors of America, American Concrete Institute and a sustaining member of the TCA.
Bob Moore Construction, Inc.
Jeff Schaefer Marketing Communications Manager
1110 North Watson Road
Arlington, Texas 76011
Phone: (817) 640-1200
Fax: (817) 640-1250