Bob Moore Construction Participates in 5th Annual SAFE Stand Down
Arlington General Contractor Continues Leadership Role in Statewide Construction Safety Education Program
ARLINGTON, TEXAS - December 1, 2009 - Bob Moore Construction has participated in the November, 2009 Safety Awareness For Everyone (SAFE) stand-down, sponsored by the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC).
To support the SAFE stand-down, participating general contractors stop work at their jobsites and perform training on current safety-related topics for all workers on the sites. The latest stand-down focused on fall protection and the proper use of harnesses, tie-offs and other safety gear.
The SAFE stand-down serves a dual purpose of education and emphasis, said Dino Sideris, Safety Director for Bob Moore Construction. Our subcontractors are required to have OSHA-compliant safety programs, so their workers have been given safety training. The stand-down provides refresher training for those workers, perhaps filling in the blanks on things they might not have understood from their initial training and reminding them of things they may have forgotten.
Even more important, the stand-down provides emphasis, Sideris added. The fact that were willing to shut down an entire jobsite to spend 90 minutes on safety education delivers the clear message to the workers. It lets them know that we consider safety to be a fundamental, normal way of doing business and were willing to take time from our busy construction schedule to reinforce that.
The first SAFE stand-down took place in May, 2005 and the events have happened twice a year since then. The program started in the Dallas / Fort Worth area, and has grown to cover all of Texas. Recent SAFE stand-downs have offered simultaneous safety education to as many as 5,000 workers around the state.
Bob Moore Construction has participated in each stand down and has supported the AGC in the development and implementation of these training events. The stand downs have proven to be successful in reducing jobsite accidents; the north Texas region alone witnessed a decrease in construction jobsite fatalities by more than 50% between 2004 and 2006.
"The stand downs are indicative of how Bob Moore Construction has taken a leadership role in jobsite safety in Texas," said Sideris. "We've helped to develop this program from its infancy, and now contractors all across the state have followed our lead to the betterment of thousands of workers. We've also provided OSHA training to other general contractors and worked with AGC to improve safety at jobsites around Texas other than our own."
In January, 2007 OSHA accepted Bob Moore Construction into the OSHA Local Partnership Program, making the Arlington company only the third general contractor in north Texas to earn this prestigious recognition. The company's safety program also contributed to the company winning various AGC awards for construction excellence, and was the basis for Dino Sideris being named the 2008 AGC Safety Director of the Year in North / East Texas.
Print sized photos are available at /photos/2009-SAFE-Stand-Down/
More Information on Our Safety Program:
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Receives Safety Achievement Award From CompGroup AGC
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Named First Certified Tilt-Up General Contractor in the United States
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in 5th Annual SAFE Stand Down
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Selected as Member of OSHA State Partnership
- Press Release - Dino Sideris Receives Safety Director of the Year Award From QUOIN / AGC
- Construction Article - Construction Safety: Planning, Training and Inspections
- Press Release - Dino Sideris Chosen for Vice Chair Position on QUOIN / AGC Safety Resource Leadership Group
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in State's Largest Construction Safety Training Program
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Receives Safety Awards From Tilt-up Concrete Association
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in Largest Construction Safety Stand Down in Texas History
- Bob Moore Construction Safety Program
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Selected as Member of Elite OSHA Partnership
- News Story - Dallas / Fort Worth Commercial Construction Jobsites Stand Down for Safety
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Named to Texas Building Branch Safety Committee
- Newsletter - Bob Moore Construction Completes Westwood College Campus / Making Safety a Value / Taking Time to Talk Safety.
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Safety Director Named to AGC Committees
- Press Release - Bob Moore Construction Participates in SAFE Stand-Down
About Bob Moore Construction
Now Celebrating 70 years of construction excellence in Texas and around the United States!
A recipient of the QUOIN / AGC General Contractor of the Year Award, the TEXO / AGC Summit Award for Construction Excellence and the Texas Building Branch-AGC Outstanding Construction Award, Bob Moore Construction has been one of the most respected commercial construction companies in Texas since 1946. An industry leader in tilt-up construction, the company was the first general contractor in the United States to be formally certified as a TCA Certified Company by the Tilt-up Concrete Association (TCA). Bob Moore Construction was also one of the first general contractors in North Texas to be accepted into the OSHA Local Partnership program in recognition of its superior safety program. The company's portfolio includes a wide range of commercial buildings, from warehouses and distribution centers to office buildings and retail stores. Whether it is providing general contractor, design / build or construction management services, Bob Moore Construction's goal remains the same: to deliver quality construction projects on time and in budget. Bob Moore Construction is a member of TEXO / Associated General Contractors of America, American Concrete Institute and a sustaining member of the TCA.
Bob Moore Construction, Inc.
Jeff Schaefer Marketing Communications Manager
1110 North Watson Road
Arlington, Texas 76011
Phone: (817) 640-1200
Fax: (817) 640-1250