Bob Moore Construction Leadership Team
Ed McGuire - President
Nationally recognized expert on concrete and tilt-up construction who serves in leadership roles with the industry's most prestigious and influential organizations, bringing more than 30 years of industry experience in Texas, Oklahoma and across the United States.
A nationally recognized leader and expert on concrete and tilt-up construction with 30 years of industry experience in Texas, Oklahoma and around the country, Ed McGuire is the President of Bob Moore Construction.
Mr. McGuire earned his Bachelor's Degree in Construction Science from Iowa State University in 1983, and joined Bob Moore Construction as an estimator in 1984. He moved into project management in 1985, and took the lead on the company's most visible and challenging projects. In recognition of his outstanding performance, he was promoted to Senior Project Manager by 1990 and in 1992 he became Vice President of Construction. In 2005, Mr. McGuire became a partner of Bob Moore Construction, and he promoted to is current position as President in 2013.
Since 1992, Mr. McGuire has provided executive-level oversight for all construction and field operations for the company, managing project management and field personnel, coordinating and negotiating with clients and overseeing ongoing projects. In addition he has continued to manage projects directly for clients with whom he has established long-term relationships; these projects have included more than 80 buildings and finish-outs in the past 30 years.
Mr. McGuire has served on a variety of the industry's most prestigious national committees and boards. He is a member (former President) for the Board of Directors for the Tilt-up Concrete Association. He also serves on several committees for the American Concrete Institute (ACI) including Proportioning Concrete Mixtures (Secretary), Construction of Concrete Floors, Design of Floors on Ground, Tilt-up Construction, New Certification Programs, and Tilt-up Construction Certification.
Under Mr. McGuire's leadership, Bob Moore Construction has received a wide range of prestigious honors, including:
- AGC General Contractor of the Year Award.
- Numerous AGC Summit and Merit Awards for construction excellence.
- Outstanding Construction Award from Texas Building Branch / AGC.
- "Best of" Award from Texas Construction Magazine.
- Multiple awards recognizing the company's safety program from Compboard AGC, QUOIN / AGC and Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA), including AGC Safety Director of the Year.
- The first general contractor in the United States to earn Certified Tilt-Up Company rating by the TCA.
- One of the first general contractors in Texas named a member of the OSHA Local Partnership program.
A devoted supporter of his church's mission work, Mr. McGuire makes annual trips to Linares, Mexico where he is active in constructing mission churches with St. Ann Life Teen program.